Top Technology Companies Regarded As Giant Tech
It is undeniable that top technology companies in the world have a significant impact on financial markets, consumer preferences, and economic growth nowadays. They are involved in all aspects of life including research, development, and production of goods and services. If you are finding information about the biggest software companies worldwide, don’t ignore our article here.
1. What are the top technology companies
Top technology companies are the biggest tech companies in the world that have a business form that focuses on the research, development and production of technology products, or the provision of technology services. “Technology” is today understood to mean electronic products and services, which includes a large number of businesses in different areas such as software, digital electronics, and services related to the internet – e-commerce.
In case you don’t know, “Big Five” is a term referring to top technology companies which are headquartered in the US including Alphabet (Google’s parent company), Amazon, Apple, Facebook and Microsoft. In 2017, the total capitalization of these largest technology companies in the US was over $3.3 trillion, which takes up more than 40% of the Nasdaq 100 index value.
2. How to establish top technology companies
In order to set up top tech software companies, it is necessary that you have deep knowledge of regulations and laws of how to set up the biggest tech companies in the world and have detailed plans and effective strategies. Or else, you can be pushed on the verge of bankruptcy.
- First, come up with fresh ideas: You will be able to see the future of your top technology companies more clearly if you start to form concepts in your head. Also, you should consider each idea’s viability and seriously consider what is impractical. Having too many ideas could make you confused, so try to limit them.
- Second, choose the products that you will run a business on: There are 3 main questions for you before starting your own top technology companies. What product do you want customers to associate your company with? What distinguishes them from other similar products available on the market? What benefit can it offer users?
- Third, consider your rivals: It is important to consider your competitors on the market to know what products are already on the market and their advantages and disadvantages. Therefore, you can develop a new superior product than your competitors. Besides, you can also learn and draw from the business strategies of other top technology companies.
- Fourth, heighten your awareness of the workflow of business: Every industry will have a unique business procedure. It will be simpler for you to operate and maintain your organization later on if you perfectly follow the step-by-step procedure. It is difficult for a firm to succeed if you launch it without any prior business experience.
- Fifth, draw up a strategic plan: Even if you have a specific and effective strategy for your business to compete with top technology companies, you can’t anticipate upcoming difficulties and challenges. For example, external impacts such as epidemics, natural disasters, economic recession, etc.
- Sixth, have deep insight into the industry: If you have a good grasp of your area, you can contribute the value of your business to society. Additionally, you can design successful strategies by knowing the highlights and drawbacks of the industry and other top technology companies.
- Seventh, organize a strong team: Regardless of the appearance of AI, human is still the utmost important resource. Only when there is human impact can technological activities be carried out.
3. Top technology companies that are considered to be giant
Set up in 1976 by co-founders Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne, Apple has become the leading among top technology companies in the world.
- The corporation is headquartered in Cupertino, California, serving computer software development and online services.
- Apple is one of the biggest tech companies in the world that attracts the most attention from people all over the globe. The way Apple runs its business and its leadership style has developed a cultural trend that many contemporary top technology companies imitate over time, making it more than just a company or corporation.
Alphabet is the holding company and is one of the largest technology companies in the US. Its headquarter is set up in Mountain View, California.
- In case you don’t know, through the reconstruction of Google in 2015, Alphabet has become the parent company of Google. According to the report, Alphabet ranks third in the top technology companies and its considerable revenue has made it one of the biggest tech companies in the world.
In 1975, Bill Gates and Paul Allen established Microsoft and set up its headquarters in Washington, America.
- The main area of the company is software copyrights development, manufacture and selling, and offer a variety of products and services related to computers. Based on its revenue, Microsoft is the top technology companies all around the world. Moreover, it is also regarded as one of the world’s largest software companies.
- Microsoft was initially established to create the BASIC interpreter software for the Altair 8800. In the middle of the 1980s, Microsoft attempted to dominate the home computer operating system market with MS-DOS. As the company’s stock was released, its price rose quickly, making 4 billionaires and 12000 millionaires from the corporation.
In 1938, Samsung was founded by a businessman Lee Byung Chul. Now, it has become a multinational corporation with its headquarters set up in Samsung Town, Seocho, Seoul.
- This one of the top technology companies worldwide includes a large number of subsidiaries, an international network of sales systems, and representative offices.
- Samsung began as a modest trade business, but after more than three decades of growth, the company steadily diversified its business sectors, beginning to participate in the electronics sector in the late 1960s and constructing facilities to manufacture ships in the middle of the 1970s. Samsung has grown its business globally during the 1990s, concentrating on the high-tech and consumer electronics industries.
3.5. Tencent Holdings
Ma Hoa Teng – the richest man in China – is the founder of Tencent.
- His total fortune is estimated at about 50 billion USD. What makes Ma Hoa Teng famous is that he founded one of the top technology companies in the world after his university graduation.
- In the early period of time, Tencent had to cope with many difficulties because it is considered to be a copycat of the products in the Western area. However, he has never given up and made an effort to get over judges and make Tencent one of the top tech software companies.
3.6. Meta Platforms
Meta (official name Meta Platforms Inc; formerly Facebook) is an American technology and social media company headquartered in Menlo Park, California. It was founded by Mark Zuckerberg, along with students and roommates in 2004.
- Meta is one of the well-known multinational top technology companies even among technophobes and non-tech-savvy people.
- There are various products and services of Meta such as Facebook, Messenger, Facebook Watch, and Meta Portal. Moreover, it also owns a 9.99% share in Jio Platforms and has bought Giphy, Kustomer, Map Mao, Presize, and Oculus. Advertising sales accounted for 97.5% of the company’s income in 2021.
3.7. Intel Corporation
Gordon E. Moore and Robert Noyce, two chemists and physicists, founded one of the top technology companies Intel Corporation in 1968 in California, United States.
- Flash driver, computer motherboards, network cards, and different devices for computers are among the items that Intel produces. The x86 series of microprocessors used in personal computers was developed by Intel, which is also the biggest producer of semiconductor devices in the world.
- In 2020, there have been 110600 employees working in both production and business departments all over the globe. With over 38 billion USD in sales in 2005, Intel was the 50th-largest among top technology companies in the world.
3.8. Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, also known as Taiwan Semiconductor, has its headquarters set up in the Science and Technology Park, Hsinchu Industry in Hsinchu City, Taiwan. This corporation was established in 1987 in Taiwan and it has become one of the top technology companies in the world.
- TSMC is one of the volunteers in the area of semiconductor production. Other than semiconductors, the company has also made significant investment in the industry of solar energy and lighting.
- Even though TSMC launches a large number of IC products such as high voltage, analog, mixed-signal, and MEMS, the logic chip is the most ubiquitous product line of the this top technology companies. The merit of this product is advanced processes of low-power like 28 nm HPM with technology of HKMG for greater productivity and mobile apps.
3.9. Cisco Systems
In December 1984, two brilliant IT experts at Stanford Leonard Bosack and Sandy Lerner set up Cisco Systems. Over the years, the company has increased its market share and become one of the multinational top technology companies.
- Cisco concentrates on networking hardware, software, telecommunications devices and different high-tech products and services development and manufacturing. The target markets of this company are Internet of Things (IoT), video conference, Domain Name System Security (DNS), and Power Management mode with various product lines. For instance, Webex, OpenDNS, etc.
- Ranking 63 on the Fortune, Cisco has become top technology companies with the revenue of more than 51 billion USD and the total employees 80000.
IBM, known as International Business Machines, was established in 1911 in New York. Today, it is one of the biggest software companies in the world.
- IBM is a contractor and also one of the top technology companies that specializes in developing and marketing server services, infrastructure, mainframe consulting, and software and hardware for computers.
- There are over 350000 skilled employees who are both IT engineers and consultants across 170 countries worldwide. Employees in IBM have successfully received prestigious awards such as Nobel Prizes, the Nobel Prize for Information Technology – the Nobel Prize for Information Technology, and other national technology medals.
3.11. Oracle Corporation
Another American multination top technology companies is Oracle and its headquarters is set up in Austin, Texas. This company focuses on database technology and software, cloud systems design, and software products.
- In 2019, according to its revenue and market capitalization, Oracle ranked second among the top technology companies.
- Over a period of time, Oracle has expanded its market with various products such as databases and mid-level software systems development, resource management software for businesses, customer relationship management tool, and supply chain management software.
3.12. Hon Hai Precision Industry
Hon Hai Precision Industry company is widely known as Foxconn, which is one of the top technology companies specializing in electronics cross-border. It has the headquarters based in New Taipei City, Taiwan. In 2010, it is acknowledged to be one of the world’s largest software companies and ranked third according its revenue.
3.13. Broadcom Limited
Broadcom Corporation – an American semiconductor chip company – specializes in wireless and broadband networks. The top technology companies has its corporate headquarters in Irvine, California. At the University of California, Los Angeles, Henry Samueli, and Henry T. Nicholas III launched Broadcom in 1991.
- The business relocated from Westwood, Los Angeles, to Irvine, California, in 1995. Broadcom debuted on the NASDAQ stock exchange in 1998. At the moment, Broadcom has 11750 people worldwide and operations in 15 countries.
- Its overall sales in 2012 was $8.01 billion. The top technology companies moved up 17 spots from 2012 to 2013, landing in position 327 on the Fortune 500 list.
3.14. SAP AG
One of the top technology companies in Europe is SAP Corporation (SAP AG), with headquarters in Walldorf (Germany). renowned for its resource planning software offerings, including SAP NetWeaver, mySAP ERP, and mySAP Business Suite.
3.15. SK Hynix
A significant Korean semiconductor manufacturer, SK Hynix Inc., has offices throughout the world, including South America, Europe, the United States, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Taiwan. After Samsung Electronics, it is the second-largest memory chip supplier among top technology companies in the world. Moreover, SK Hynix is a supplier of flash memory and DRAM. Worldwide, many machines, including Apple’s MacBook Pro and Asus desktop computers, employ Hynix memory.
3.16. Dell Technologies
Dell Technologies corporation headquarters are in Round Rock, Texas. Personal computers, servers, cellphones, televisions, computer software, computer and network security, and information security services are just a few of the items made by Dell. On Fortune’s list of the 500 top technology companies of America by revenue in 2018, Dell came in at number 35.
3.17. Accenture Plc
A management consulting company with a focus on strategy, consulting, digital, and technology services is Accenture PLC. In 2009, Accenture was established in Dublin. The top technology companies had more than 394,000 employees, generated $32.9 billion in revenue in 2016, and catered to customers in more than 120 countries. 94 of the Fortune Global 100 firms and more than 75% of the Fortune Global 500 are among Accenture’s current clients.
3.18. Micron Technology
One of the top technology companies, also semiconductor firms in the world and the only memory maker with American headquarters is Micron Technologies. The business has disclosed intentions to invest $40 billion to manufacture sophisticated memory technology in the US across several stages.
Qualcomm Corporation is a global semiconductor business, just like Miron. This top technology companies, which has 157 locations globally with its headquarters in San Diego, California, develops and markets wireless telecommunications goods and services. To increase the manufacture of 5G chipsets, the business constructed its first R&D facility in Vietnam and Southeast Asia in 2020.
3.20. NVIDIA Corporation
NVIDIA is a multinational top technology companies that provide graphics processing units (GPUs) development, and chipset technology for workstations, personal computers, and mobile devices. The Santa Clara, California-based company became a major supplier of integrated circuits (ICS) such as graphics chipsets for cards, graphics processing units (GPUs), video game consoles delivery, and individual computer motherboards.
It is undeniable that top technology companies play an important role in every walk of like today. We hope you will have good knowledge of biggest software companies through the article compiled by the technology company HyperSol.